HDD I/O Error

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IBobby, Jun 10, 2007.

1. IBobby macrumors regular

IBobby

Hi my name is Bobby i am new to mac's and i got to say that I am in love I have offically given up on the PC's for good unless I am at work :D. I do however have a question for the mac guru's out there. I just bought a Cheap G3 14" 800mhz ibook off of craigslist the other week and The ibook came with a 30gb hdd and a 10gb hdd the 10 was installed and running osx.10.2.8 and just installed 10.3.9 runs like a dream however I decided that i was going to put the 30gb in the ibook installed tiger no problem but when it restarted it took alot longer to start and after the initial login it took me to the console and gave the time.apple.com could not be resolved and the proceeded to give me a Error I/O on device 0. any ideas on how to fix this i have already ran fix disk and the repair and the other good stuff from the disk utilities. I would really like to use the 30gb hdd. Thank you .....

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

When you ran the repair, did it come back with any errors? Have you double checked the cabling to make sure the disk is properly connected?

3. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

Came back all fine, No errors, the hdd is connected correctly. Ran the repair disk, and the file write permissions and nothing came out wrong with the disk it could just be dead. Coming from the pc side Im am strongly assuming that the disk is just passed away from natrual causes. :D. But thank you for the quick responce.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I'm pretty inclined to agree. Especially as the other disk works. :(