HDD Not Starting Up

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bwilky, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Bwilky macrumors regular

Okay, so I know this will make me look like an idiot, ( I honestly don't know why the crap I did it, you know when you just do something and don't think first. Well this is what happened)

Okay, So I got a new 500gb HD for my macbook 2008 uni and I installed SnowL on it and it all works like a charm. However, me being an idiot decided it was a good idea to open my Lacie EXT hd and plug my original macbook hd into the cables there and try to read them on my macbook. Everything plugged in perfectly, turned it on and.... nothing happened. Tried a few more times, then decided to swap it into my macbook and load up. Well, that didn't work. My macbook can't find the original HD now. It doesn't even startup.

So yeah. My Question is, is the HD hooped? Is there some little trick to kick start it again?

2. BuddyHax macrumors newbie

BuddyHax

Faint Hope

When you boot up, have you tried holding down the alt key? I only have partitions but when I plug my external in (Has Windows XP loaded on it) I can hold alt and it detects that Hard Drive too, Good Luck :)

3. Bwilky thread starter macrumors regular

Ya, no go. I tried using install discs and it won't show under disk utility. I'm now thinking about switching the pcbs. But I don't know where to find this stupid hdd