HDD Partitioning

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by yordanov1990, Feb 6, 2013.

1. yordanov1990 macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2012

I am trying to install Windows via BootCamp. I tried to partition the HD, but I had problem with it. Then I tried to do it with Disk Utility, but I had the same problem. I checked some forums and they said that I have to repair the HD with Disk Utility by using Original disk and holding 'C' on start-up. Unfortunately, I dont have such a CD as I am using MacBook Air. I would be thankful if someone help me solve that issue. Thank you in advance.
  2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    You use the BootCamp Assistant to do the partition for a BootCamp install. If you don't have a CD to boot from you might be in trouble. Does the Mac boot at all right now?
  3. yordanov1990 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2012
    My Mac boots. The problem is that I cannot partition the HD in order to install the windows. I am looking for ways ti fix the issue, so I can perform the partitioning. First, I ised the bootcamp assistant for the partitioning, which is part of the procedure. Then, I used Disk Utility, but it failed as well.
  4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2010
    Post the screenshot of the boot camp error message