HDD Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Emulsion, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Emulsion macrumors 6502

Hey, I'm new. I just bought a new MyBook HDD and hooked it up to my MacBook Pro. I'm mainly using it for storing videos that I upload into iMovie. The only problem I have is that when uploading a video, my MyBook HDD doesn't show up on the drives to save to. So Ive been stuck uploading the videos to my internal HDD and its now full. I'm not sure what to do. The HDD shows up in the finder, and I can more stuff onto the drive but its not working with iMovie. Please Help me.

2. miksee macrumors newbie

Prob w/ MyBook Home 1TB

Have the same prob w/ my MyBook Home Edition 1TB external drive. In iMovie I can see the drive but it says it is not compatible. I can use the drive for manual storage of files, but it doesn't seem to like being the home drive for iMovie. My drive is already formatted Mac extended (journaled). Anyone have a solution to this?

3. zschiffman macrumors member

May I ask how these drives are connected? When working with video USB is not recommend so maybe Apple does not have iMovie recommend USB connected drives, but only firewire....not sure though as I am a FCP user.