HDD Unreadable

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SweeneyD24, Apr 6, 2011.

1. SweeneyD24 macrumors regular

SweeneyD24

Hey guys!

I have the cable tv at home and I got a Samsung HDD along with the tv decoder so that i can tape my favorite tv shows, movies and stuffs.
    I tried to connect a Samsung HDD to my mac the other day but i got an error message(see attachement)
    I simply ejected the disk and did not try anything for fear of doing something stupid!
    I wanted to connect the HDD to my mac to see if i can actually copy the videos to my mac and vice versa!

Have you guys experience this and can help me out with this!

thnx!

MBP 13" 2.26Ghz, 160 HDD, 2GB Ram, Mac Os X 10.6.6

Attached Files:

• MAC.png
      MAC.png
      File size:
      65.5 KB
      Views:
    • HDD.jpg
      HDD.jpg
      File size:
      76.5 KB
      Views:
  2. vankata macrumors member

I had the same problem. I have an internal sata HDD from my old PC. I buy an external case to make the HDD external. It was formatted in NTFS and Mac OS could not read it. The solution was to copy the important data, with the help of an other PC, and after that format it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1128071&highlight=

3. SweeneyD24 thread starter macrumors regular

SweeneyD24

I have the same problem with my pc!
    The Samsung HDD does not work with any pc or mac!Like i said the HDD came with the satelite tv so that i can tape tv shows and stuffs..i figured out the HDD must be read/write protected or something but im not sure and i don't know how to access the files one the HDD!

As for the NTFS, Mac OS X CAN read it but not write!I had the same problem with an Ext. HDD! In this case Mac OS cannot read the damn thing at all!!

Thnx!

4. vankata macrumors member

Did you try to format it or do somethig else under disk manager when it is connected to a PC. When i conncted my ext HDD to a laptop, Windows " said " that there is something connected to my usb but it was not displayed in Win Explorer. To make it visible i opened disk manager. In disk manager the HDD was displayed,but with stamp " Offline ". I reactivated and after that the HDD was visible for Win Explorer.