HDD upgrade, anything new coming out soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by msavwah, Sep 1, 2011.

1. msavwah macrumors 6502

2010 13" MBP 500GB.

As my disk space has been slowly going down, I have had a plan to replace the factory HDD with the 750GB Scorpio Black, which I will do when the time comes if there is nothing faster, larger, or more energy efficient. I'm gonna need more space, and I also don't want to lose any more battery life than I have to. Faster is a bonus.

Anyone know of anything coming down the pipe in the next few months?

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

The Momentous XT hybrid drive would be my first choice if I got a regular HD. Considering the significant performance increase it delivers, perhaps its worth a try.

3. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

Ive got a Seagate 750GB 7200RPM drive that has been good to me so far. AS far as newer tech, you're not gonna find an SSD at a reasonable cost in that size. so your standard Hd will be the way to go, if you have to have internal storage at least

4. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Just plopped a WD Scorpio Black 500GB to replace my stock Seagate 5400RPM in a 2011 13 MBP and it was a HUGE difference. Maybe not SSD level difference but bootups were cut down by about 70%. Computer just feels much faster and battery life is unaffected.