HDMI adapter not compatible with new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by spiderman0616, Mar 24, 2012.

1. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

Tried watching a rented iTunes movie tonight with the family--normally we plug the iPad into our bigger HDTV to do this using the HDMI out adapter. Tonight was the first time I've attempted it with the new iPad, and I got the "This accessory is not compatible with this iPad" message. I did try restarting the iPad, restarting the TV, connecting it to the TV with it on, then connecting with it off and turning the TV on after. Nothing seems to work.

According to Apple's support page on this issue, if you just click through the message, it should still work, however mine does not. I also read something about adapters manufactured before 2012 having this issue.

I'm sort of wondering if Apple will just trade my adapter for a new one. Anyone had any luck with this?

P.S. As a side note, we did end up watching our movie right on the iPad with it sitting on the coffee table. Even though it was little, the picture quality was absolutely amazing. And the sound wasn't too shabby either for being one little built in speaker.

2. Dechter macrumors member

3. skiwidave macrumors newbie

I pod/pad adapter

I assume you got this fixed. We had the same issue with the original adapter. It did not like the ipad 2 widget to the smaller connector. There is an adaptor now just for I5 and later Ipads.

4. AndreaMate macrumors newbie