HDMI Adapter Support with Lightening to Dock Connector Adapters

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Yebubbleman, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

I just pre-ordered a fifth generation iPod touch. One of the accessories that I have for my first generation iPad (and absolutely love) is the dock connector to HDMI adapter. Curiously, Apple appears to have not elected to make such an adapter with/for the Lightening connector. When I briefly owned a fourth generation iPod touch, this adapter also worked for it. Now my question is this: will said HDMI adapter work when connected to a lightening to dock connector adapter? I'm asking in the iPhone forums as the iPhone 5 is currently the only Apple device out in the wild that has this connector, and I'd imagine that you guys will have the answer to this question long before those of us who pre-ordered our fifth generation iPod touches actually receive them. Any insight that you might have is obviously appreciated. I'm not looking forward to the prospect of getting such an adapter, but if that's the only way that I'm going to retain HDMI out functionality on my iPod touch, then so be it.

2. orleanfyrfightr macrumors member

The 30 pin adapters are not out yet, so there is not way to tell. I had that cable though for my ipad 2 and sold it for the 30$ or whatever I paid and put it towards an Apple TV and now use airplay. Money well spent.

3. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I don't think the 30 pin adapter will work with the hdmi adapter because it says video out isn't supported. Only audio, syncing, and charging ability.

In the overview section: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter