HDMI and/or Component Splitters?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sergeant Pepper, Jan 22, 2010.

  1. Sergeant Pepper macrumors member

    Jan 28, 2009
    I'm sure most of you are familiar with headphone jack splitters. For those of you who aren't, this is a jack splitter; basically, it lets you plug two sets of headphones into one jack.

    My question is, does something similar exist for either HDMI cables or Component cables? I'm in the process of redoing my room, and I'm planning on connecting my MacBook, Wii, PS2, and Xbox to an HDTV. The Wii, PS2, and Xbox all use Component input, and I would like to be able to switch between them without having to unplug and replug a bunch of cables. I'm planning on hooking up my MacBook via HDMI, but I'm also looking into getting a Blu-Ray player later on, which will also require HDMI.

    Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
  2. lostless macrumors 6502

    Oct 22, 2005
    Both switches exist. I have both. A component one will cost you around 50 bucks while an hdmi one is around 100 bucks. Just note on component, there is a slight video degradation when running through a switch and the problem gets worse in HD.

Share This Page