HDMI Audio out not displaying anymore

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by medz52, Aug 6, 2010.

1. medz52 macrumors newbie

I have the OWC adapter, works all the time, even last night. But now for some reason I can't seem to find the hdmi out selection in the sound part of preferences using 1.4 hdmi cords/ports.

Any thoughts?

2. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

The HDMI audio out only appears when your HDMI cable is connected to a display. If disconnected, it won't appear in the sound preferences output panel.

3. medz52 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that it needs to be connected which it is, to my reciever instead of display. Shouldn't the receiver (which is hdmi 1.4) be sending a signal to my macbook pro that it can receive audio in? Its an Onkyo s3300, and the cable box i have already sends audio over hdmi perfectly, it just won't show up in my audio outputs in the system preferences>Sound

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

5. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

I've not tried this configuration. Try hooking up directly to your HDMI display, and see if that works. If so, you've found the problem. The MDP-HDMI connection is a bit tricky, I wouldn't assume a connection through an HDMI-switching receiver would be sufficient for the MDP port to recognize the audio or video connection.