HDMI cable causes Macbook Apocalypse

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Rufio90210, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Rufio90210 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a early 2011 15" macbook using Yosemite and a Samsung HDTV.

When i connect my macbook to the TV via HDMI it worked but then after 10 minutes the picture on the screen of the laptop split and the laptop crashed. On force restart I could not get past the white load in screen with the apple logo where it would either crash or go to a blue screen. I

I reformatted the macbook as i have a back up of my files so didn't mind. All was working well for the last week and then today again I tried the HDMI cable to the samsung tv and exactly the same thing happened. I reformatted the macbook again (this time i installed EL CAPITAN) and so it is working again .

I love to watch my macbook on the tv, this is a new Samsung TV it did not do this on my previous Samsung TV.

Any advice on what is going on , do i need to change some settings to avoid this system crash which can only be rectified by a reformatting.?

Many thanks

Luke

2. mkflyfish macrumors member

mkflyfish

3. Rufio90210 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I actually did have video issues with the mac 6 months ago and when I took it to Apple i was actually able to get a new logic board fitted for free. So I don't think it is this. The mac is working fine now I have reformatted it but no doubt if i connect HDMI again the same thing will happen and Ill need to reformat AGAIN.