HDMI cable for xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Andrew07, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

So I just got a new LCD samsung 1080p HD tv. Right now I have my 360 connected with the component cables that came with the console (blue, green, red, etc). Will an hdmi cable have a noticeable difference on video watching and gaming?thanks

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

HDMI would be a good choice if you are planning to use the 1080p functionality. www.monoprice.com

3. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

Yes, it will make a significant difference for gaming. Go to walmart and spend $20 on a cable. There is no difference between a $20 cable and a $80 cable.

4. RudyGrow macrumors regular

The $80 cable is retail markup at its best. My buddy works at Best Buy and he pays what the store pays on merchandise. He gets their $120 Monster HDMI 10ft cable for under $15 Canadian. Ebay is a good place to look as well as I got mine for $5

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are you sure that you're not thinking of composite vs HDMI? The difference between component and HDMI is negligible.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Its much cheaper to buy a cheap HDMI cable than an expensive component one to provide the same quality. If you aren't picky it won't matter either way, but most component cables in mainstream aren't capable of fully realizing 1080p due to poor connectors.

7. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C