Resolved HDMI CEC not working perfectly anymore partly

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Carlanga, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

So W the atv4 I used to be able to turn on the tv and I out to the atv w any button press from the Siri Remote, but now the Siri Remote doesn't do that. But it does control the volume. AirPlay doesn't turn the input neither.
    It used to work fine but I changed it to a much longer hdmi cable and idk of that is the cause or an update to the atv4 has caused it. All settings that I see for it are ON. I just want to know so as to know if I need to change th cable or what. TIA

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Mine's working fine. It's also working with a new 2016 Roku Streaming Stick. If I press a button on the Siri Remote, the input switches -- same with the Roku remote.

3. Carlanga thread starter macrumors 604

Carlanga

Must be the long hdmi cable then. Thanks for the reply!

4. Carlanga thread starter macrumors 604

Carlanga

Figured it out. It wasn't the new cable for the atv, but the new cable I used for the cable box that didn't let hdmi cec to turn on or change inputs. stupid cable boxes...

5. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Glad you figured it out, mine has become extremely annoying lately, messing with what my TV thinks is each HDMI input, incorrectly labeling them and switching inputs when I press the remote for my Sky box. I really should just turn CEC off