hdmi/dvi sound problems

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MacHappytjg, Jul 29, 2008.

1. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

Well I have this lcd but does not have hdmi in it so i was out and found some $7 hdmi to dvi cables from an automotive/tool store, any way when i try to get the sound from av cables it will only work if im on the av setting or ybpcr or somthing like that setting anyone else have this problem and fixed it because i dont feel like getting opitical speakers. by the way this is for my ps3.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You should be able to output video to HDMI in display settings
    and then in audio/sound settings you should be able to independently choose sound to be outputted via AV/Analogue.

3. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

i tried but theres like alot of different sound port things inputs, so i just put it to my monitor and now need a cheep sound thing that would work with the av things do u have any sugestions i just want some speakers i could get from walmart or something

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

What connections does your speaker have...AV...plug?
    External speakers right?
    How did you connect them before the HDMI/DVI?

Bless

5. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

yes i used the hdmi/dvi then i got a y connector takes the 2 av audio and puts it into a jack thats on earphones to an ipod and then i put it so it can go into an amp size and used an amp. I went to the source (radio shack) and got the ssplitter for $8