HDMI Issues with me 2011 mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by DrakkenWar, Jul 24, 2012.

1. DrakkenWar macrumors 6502

DrakkenWar

Hey ladies and Gents,

Got an issue here. I think it's a faulty HDMI cable, but I thought I would drop a line here to fellow dual head mini users and see if I am on the right track. As I have said before in my sig. I have a Mid-July 2011 mini i7, up to date running 10.7.4. Up until today I was running dual head with my main 24" monitor hooked up via HDMI, my secondary mini-DVI to VGA.
    When I got home today and fired up my mini, I would get an image on the HDMI monitor briefly, and then it was gone. I could unplug/replug and get a brief image, or cycle the power on my monitor with the same result. I am thinking the $7.99 HDMI cable I snagged from the local ROSS has decided to crap the farm. Anyone else dealing with issues with HDMI and dual head setups on their 2011 mini?

2. DigitalVT macrumors member

DigitalVT

HDMI unlike VGA is a digital signal. So it will either work or not, rarely anything in-between, apart from maybe noise! On the screen. Your only hope is to try another HDMI cable. Or if you still have the HDMI to DVI adapter, and a spare(working) DVI cable, you can try that, providing your monitor supports DVI! Hope it works out for ya!