HDMI (Monitor)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Feever, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Feever macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to mirror or set my monitor as the main display and benefit from the max resolution 1920x1200? MBP13"

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Feever thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. Now if only I could mirror the display in this resolution... or even disable the monitor on the mbp.

Mouse acceleration is crummy. Any way to fix it so it's a static speed? (cough, like windows?)

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You can, simply attach an external keyboard and/or mouse. Close the lid. Allow the computer to go to sleep, then click on the mouse or press a key on the keyboard. Once the system awakens, using the HDMI monitor, you can open the MBP without the screen on board reenabling.

TEG

5. Feever, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

Feever thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure that would work, but prefer the mbp keyboard.

Though, I would like to fix how the usb mouse responds. Just do not like the fact the mouse takes 1-2 seconds to speed up to the set acceleration. Any way to resolve this?

Update:
    USB Overdrive fixes mouse issue.

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

With my method, you can still use the MBP's keyboard, you just have to wait until the external screen is up and working, then reopen the MBP. Viola, you can use the built-in keyboard with an external monitor, and not deal with the internal screen at all.

TEG