HDMI on MPB,MacPro,ACD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jonathan92, Aug 20, 2008.

1. jonathan92 macrumors newbie

When do u think we'll see some HDMI ports on the MacPro and the MPB and ACD's.i mean DVI is getting kind of out-dated.I mean not to be bashing apple but were getting some out-of-date products for tons of money.Even if Apple does drop the price for there ACD's i dont think ill be getting one but if they put some HDMI ports on the ACD's i would buy a 30" for my PS3 and another 23" for my iMac but until then ill still be buying apple hardware cause im a fiend and i need my fix for everything apple.

P.S.-If apple did put in HDMI ports we could finally add blu-ray drives on the macpro,imac maybe even the mpb.post ur thoughts.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

(Please type the full word)

There won't be HDMI on Apple products until there is Blu-ray in Apple products. There won't be Blu-ray in Apple products for a few years.

Apple might go with DisplayPort, anyway.

3. jonathan92 thread starter macrumors newbie

does DisplayPort support 1080p i just started learning about this

4. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

DVI isn't really outdated. HDMI is really more for TVs... heck, find me a display for a computer that uses HDMI as its main input... in fact, find me a computer that uses HDMI as it's only output. As for finding it on Apple products, HDMI isn't likely at all. All we need is an HDCP capable ACD if you want to watch movies from your expensive BTO blu-ray drive. Secondly, aside from HDCP the ACD doesn't really have anything to upgrade to. The ACD wasn't exactly intended as a cheap display, Apple needs to appease the Pros and in no way are they going to put an inferior panel in the ACD. The ACD currently uses either an S-IPS or H-IPS panel which are know for their great color accuracy. If you wanted a better display you'd be spending more.

5. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Displayport is the new DVI. HDMI should have been the new DVI but some idiot thought it would be funny to throw in another completely useless port making sure computer monitors and TV's remain incompatible without frivolous adapters.

Im hoping displayport gets destroyed by HDMI and never takes off for computers. So far there are way more monitors that have HDMI and a lot of laptops and video cards with HDMI, only a handful of things have a displayport on them.