Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

secksthoi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
I recently bought a MBA and bought the HDMI-out cable on the side for my momma when she wants to watch movies from the web. Plugged it in today and fired it up. When the movie was about almost through, I came by to check on things and noticed the MBA was pretty warm/hot. The movie was running off flash so most likely why, but with extended use, lets say every other weekend, does the MBA performance degrade over time compared to just regular use?

johnhalsted

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2010
nope, if anything it should improve as flash is always being updated.

But if you are concerned you can watch videos from youtube using HTML 5 instead of flash, this is much more efficient and should keep the air much cooler.

I cant remember the name but there is a addon for safari that makes your youtube default to HTML5.

Hope this helps!

secksthoi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
nope, if anything it should improve as flash is always being updated.

But if you are concerned you can watch videos from youtube using HTML 5 instead of flash, this is much more efficient and should keep the air much cooler.

I cant remember the name but there is a addon for safari that makes your youtube default to HTML5.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! It definitely helped in reassuring me that the heat wouldn't be an issue over time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.