HDMI output to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jaaf, Nov 24, 2015.

1. jaaf macrumors newbie

Hi,

I was going to buy a surface pro for the Xbox streaming feature. However, I'm leaning towards buying an iPad Pro for use on my desk instead and wondered whether it was possible to somewhat replicate the features of the Xbox streaming in Windows 10.

I know it isn't as neat as the Windows solution, but I thought about perhaps streaming the HDMI signal to my iPad screen and controlling the Xbox as normal.

Is there a way to do this (or something else that would achieve what I want) on iPad? Effectively all I'm trying to do is mirror the xbox screen on iPad.

Thanks

2. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

There is no video input into the iPad. I don't think there is any app to mirror an Xbox screen onto an iPad, but I could be wrong. I don't know of any.

4. jaaf thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I need to mirror the TV screen rather than the xbox screen. I thought there would be a way to stream a HDMI signal.

5. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

You can look into "Teradek". I don't know much about them as I just googled it. And you'd probably be dropping $1000-$2000 on a transmitter just to stream it. I don't see an HDMI input on some of them. So you'd have to make sure you find one that handles HDMI and is compatible with the app.

http://www.theblackandblue.com/2012/04/18/teradek-cube-ipad/
    http://teradek.com/pages/transmitters

6. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

7. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

8. riferrarr macrumors newbie

riferrarr

Watching videos or playing games? I found this, .