HDMI PCI Express Card(Tuner)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dtwins, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Dtwins macrumors newbie

Hi everybody, first time posting, figured this was the right place to ask a question. I'm in need of a piece of hardware that will allow me to play my Xbox 360 on my Macbook Pro. I know there has been other threads on this, but i need a solution and have yet to find one. For future reference I do have a monitor and HD Tv i could play on, but i LAN a lot and would enjoy one less thing to carry around. Now basically what i need is an Laptop Card(PCI Express Card) that has an HDMI input(or HD analog) and has minimal Latency(LAG). I would like for it to support full HD 1920x1080, but beggars can't choose. I have an example of what I would like, but ive never heard of them before so i dont know if they are reputable: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/440695956/720P_1080i_HD_Video_Converter_for.html Any help would be great guys, thank you.

2. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Nothing out there will allow you to use the macbook pro's screen as an external display for something else. Also, no mac portable ever came with a PCI express slot. Expresscard34 is what Apple uses.

There are a few gadgets out there but the lag would be absolutely horrendous and render your games unplayable. Don't bother, buy a cheap external display with an HDMI port and be done with it.