HDMI Switch

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by rpearlberg, Jan 30, 2014.

1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive HDMI Switch for my Apple TV. I would run it from my TV and then plug in the Apple TV, DVD Player, etc...

Any suggestions?

2. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I've been running with this one for a good two years and have never had a problem with it. The IR thing it comes with kinda sucks, but I replaced it with one that came with a comcast cable box and that one works much better.

3. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

pretty good price!
    I actually have a credit from PowerMax that I was hoping to use...but maybe I'll use it for something else...

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I picked one up at Walmart for $24.99, it is Belkin. No problems with ATV or my Uverse DVR.

5. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Just as a point of reference, I've been using mine with an Apple TV (first the 2nd gen, and later the 3rd), PS3, and occasionally with my macbook.

6. westrock2000 macrumors 6502

I'm using a Bytecc unit from Fry's Electronics link

It's available from other sources too. What's nice is that it auto switches to whatever HDMI last turned on, so you just plug everything in and it automatically switches to whatever you turn on. It's not a unique feature to this switch, but a feature I would require from any switch I was in the market for.

7. ToothTooth macrumors member

8. linds15 macrumors 6502a