HDMI to tv question.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ghostlyorb, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

hey guys. I searched around and couldn't find a post with this.

My xbox360 just died yesterday.. and since PSN is still down.. I want to watch netflix on my tv. I have the 2011 MBP.. and the HDMI adaptor. I can get video and audio to my tv without a problem. Now, is there anyway to make the output to 16:9 for my tv? When I made netflix full screen.. it cut off top part of Safari.. and the bottom part.

Any answers?

Also... Does the refresh rate need to be on any particular setting?

Thanks guys!

2. romad7 macrumors newbie

I had the same issues. I just used Boxee and it's advanced calibration options to make the screen fit. Does not help anything but Boxee so your Safari still won't fit but your movies will fit. You can also control Boxee over wifi with an iOS device. Let me know if you need help with that.

3. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

This should be a slam dunk, but a lot depends on your TV.

Make sure you select the appropriate screen resolution for your TV. Snow Leopard has 1080p and 720p selections. Second, make sure you correct for overscan. Your TV may have the ability to do 1:1 pixel mapping. On my Sharp, I use the "format" button to toggle through the settings. There is also an overscan button in the Display preference on the Mac, that could help too.