HDMI to TV with no adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vahpur, Oct 20, 2014.

1. vahpur macrumors newbie

The HDMI port on the right side of my laptop doesn't seem to be transmitting signal to either a tv or a projector, both don't show any signal coming from my macbook pro 2014. Do you have to buy a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter to use an external monitor? Am I missing something?

2. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

It should work from the HDMI port or the Thunderbolt port with the proper adapter. there must be some sort of issue hardware or software.

Could also be on the TV monitor end as well, make sure it on the correct input. You should also so to preferences and see what the display setting are, see if it see the device

3. vahpur thread starter macrumors newbie

its not on the tv side, i def have it on the right input. I just borrowed a friends mini display to hdmi and couldn't get a signal on the TV or the projector either. What in the world.

4. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Some TV's don't play with with computers, I would change port on the tv and/or play with the inputs. If that does not work, go into setting on the TV and set up one of the HDMI port to work with a Computer. Setting up the input properly will also get rid of overscan issue once the macbook pro does connect.

5. vahpur thread starter macrumors newbie

seems a good ol classic restart has fixed whatever the problem was