Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
tell me what you think once you get it done. Any change you need to make needs to be done on your pc and then reloaded in the reader - I'm gonna try to make it work for a few of my presentations as I love the iphone remote feature....also lots of info (e.g bullet points) on one slide sometimes does not make it on the slide, where it shows on keynote shows fine - keep it tight up top...

also the ipad2 plays keynote so much quicker due to increased processing power - and I love the slide preview in screen...keynote needs to let me trigger slides by iphone or my BT keyboard....

I would suggest you use them both...I think I will..

I thought Keynote has a remote app as well?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I thought Keynote has a remote app as well?
Not for ipad.....only for mac

This is not really a big decision...get em all for $25.00 - Keynote, 2 screens and 2 screens remote. I can see use for all of them on my next road trip.

Last edited:

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Just bought the 2screens and remotes apps and have a question. Is there a way to disable slide show. I want to move the slides at my own pace not a set interval and I can't seem to figure it out.

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Just bought the 2screens and remotes apps and have a question. Is there a way to disable slide show. I want to move the slides at my own pace not a set interval and I can't seem to figure it out.

Yes, settings / slide show to off.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Yes, settings / slide show to off.

I do not have an option to turn it off in my settings menu. Is anyone using this with an ipad 2? The slide show only has options for 2-30 second increments.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Do these menus look different than yours?

2727c855.png

96284b6e.png

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Thanks, I may give 2Screens a try too. Some of the reviews mention crashes, did you experience any?

Main problem for me is that I like to polish my slides on the plane when traveling to meetings, so I'd prefer to use an editable format ...

Out of 10 long presentations, I had 1 crash.

And reading the reviews, I found the fix since. Too many apps "opened". So before each presentation, I made sure to close all apps - or best is to reset the iPad (i.e. 30-sec procedure).

No crash since then...

I prepare the slides before the trip, then transfer to iPad (via WiFi) prior to traveling. But if needed, I could edit and re-transfer anytime since a) WiFi is available most everywhere, and a) I have an Airport Express with me all the time since I use it to create local WiFi in hotel room to have multiple access points for all my devices (laptop, iPad, iPhone).

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Do these menus look different than yours?

Toggle (single tap) the double arrow icon (between slides and PN icons) to turn on/off the auto-slide feature.

There should appear a note indicating if it is on/off after each toggle.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Toggle (single tap) the double arrow icon (between slides and PN icons) to turn on/off the auto-slide feature.

There should appear a note indicating if it is on/off after each toggle.

Im not sure I understand. Every time I tap the double arrow in goes into the second menu for seconds. It does not toggle the slide show on and off.

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Im not sure I understand. Every time I tap the double arrow in goes into the second menu for seconds. It does not toggle the slide show on and off.

Each time you toggle the double-arrow icon (bottom left), it should pop up a dialogue box in the middle of the screen saying either:

- started a slide show
- the slide show is stopped

The double arrow icon should be the second from the left to right, in between the film/slides icon and the "PN" icon (all on bottom).

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Are any of you using it with an iPad 2? I just tried reinstalling it and have the same issue. There is no toggle for the slide show.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Each time you toggle the double-arrow icon (bottom left), it should pop up a dialogue box in the middle of the screen saying either:

- started a slide show
- the slide show is stopped

The double arrow icon should be the second from the left to right, in between the film/slides icon and the "PN" icon (all on bottom).

Ok I see what I was doing. I kept hitting the slide show button to advance the slides in remote. Thanks for the help. Its working now.

I wish all the menu bars could be removed from the ipad screen so I could use it to give one on one presentations.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I figured out how to remove the tool bars. This app is officially very good now. PDF's are a must since it does screw up formatting with powerpoints. The remote is wonderful.

Any idea how much battery this will burn on the iphone and ipad during an hour of use.

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Any idea how much battery this will burn on the iphone and ipad during an hour of use.

I just did an 1-hour presentation yesterday with iPad + iPhone combo, and the iPad was down from 100% to ~90%, iPhone was down from 100% to ~80%.

I only use the iPhone when walking about, and use the iPad to advance the slides (tapping anywhere on bottom portion of the main screen).

I also use folders extensively to group the presentations into relevant catergories for easy access during presentation - when someone asks about a tangent topic. For example, I have a folder named "Reference" to keep a couple of presentations on various references, a folder for "Video" (need to be convert to mp4 - very easy process for free), etc.

Before the actual presentation, as mentioned, I reset the iPad to clear all memory, opened all potential referencing presentation, opened the main presentation, point the folder to the first video source. I am set to go...

5 minutes before the presentation, I BT connect the iPhone to the iPad for control (if I was to walk around). It is a simple process, but will take 1-2 mins to complete so give yourself time for that.

If the video doesn't appear on the projector (very rare to happen), 99% of the time, a simple disconnect of the video cable and connect back (i.e. 2-sec procedure) will fix it.

I also use an external laser pointer since it is quicker and easier than controlling via the iPad / iPhone screen.

That's all the tips I have for using the app, I just think both apps are wonderful for people who do a lot of presentations...

Good luck!

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Thanks again for the help. I'm getting used to the app. I don't like that it can be difficult to get a Bluetooth connection to reconnect once the connection is lost. A few times I had to manually close the apps in the multitasking bar before being able to reestablish the connection. Otherwise,it seems to work pretty well and the Bluetooth stays connected as long as the iPad screen stays on. As soon as I get the vga connector I'm going to try this in my class. At least I will have some time to practice

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
2Screens app for iPhone is available now

I am reviving this thread to inform those interested that the 2Screens app for iPhone-4 (and iTouch) is now available.

I bought it 2 days ago, and have been testing it before my business trip next week. It is working very well...

It is great that if something happens to my iPad (broken, lost, forgotten - knock on wood!), I will still be able to conduct a presentation with just the iPhone-4 during the trip.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I am reviving this thread to inform those interested that the 2Screens app for iPhone-4 (and iTouch) is now available.

I bought it 2 days ago, and have been testing it before my business trip next week. It is working very well...

It is great that if something happens to my iPad (broken, lost, forgotten - knock on wood!), I will still be able to conduct a presentation with just the iPhone-4 during the trip.

keynote now avail for iphone as well - and allows the in app editing that 2 screens does not - also adds iphone as a remote for keynote on ipad...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.