HDPVR Recording with MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sdammers7, Mar 22, 2012.

1. sdammers7 macrumors newbie

So I was thinking about buying an HDPVR to record some of my gameplay and I was just wondering if my MacBook is capable of it. It is the standard white one from '09. I have Version 10.5.8 with 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, and 1 GB/667 MHz of Memory. I know I would need to buy the HDPVR for about $200 and the HDPVR capture program for $30. Other than those would I need to buy anything? I was also thinking about just buying some cheap PC so I wouldn't take up space on my Mac and I wouldn't have to buy the $30 HDPVR capture. I don't value harddrive space too much on my Mac as it is quite old and I may be upgrading to a better Mac or PC in the near future. Can I get some recommendations? You guys are the best!

2. CurlyPhil macrumors newbie

Exactly the same situation here, including the same white macbook. Would like to make some 360 gameplay videos just for fun, but in good quality. Recommendations please!

3. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I've seen people with older MacBooks that use the HD PVR by Hauppauge. I have a 2009 iMac and it works perfectly fine. Also, look to spend $100 for EyeTV too. It's the best software for recording. HDPVRCapture is pretty decent too, but doesn't offer the ability to edit clips the way EyeTV does.