HDR on by default

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by James83448, Jan 11, 2016.

1. James83448 macrumors regular

James83448

Is there any way I can set my iPhone to always shoot in HDR? Each time I take a photo, I've got to select HDR and then select ON. If I click AUTO, the iPhone chooses weather to shoot in HDR depending on the scene.

I've got the iPhone to save both the HDR and the normal image, so I can choose which one I prefer.

2. MadDane macrumors 6502a

I have been wondering the same thing. I generally prefer the HDR versions so I would like it to be on as default. However, I don't know if it is possible.

3. James83448 thread starter macrumors regular

James83448

I'm surprised it's not an option, as you can set the phone to save both HDR and normal…

4. Newtons Apple, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016

Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It would be nice if Apple gave us a little more control over the camera for those who wish to have it. But this is one of those things you can do. HDR, once set stays on until you turn it off on my iPhone.

5. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

Huh? It actually IS possible to have HDR on by default. See screenshot below. It's Dutch, but the options are 'auto', 'on' and 'off'. And yes, it sticks at 'on' if I choose so (even when closing and re-opening the app). :p

image.png

Or am I just missing the point here? xD

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Yup, same here....And to my knowledge, it's worked that way since HDR was introduced.

7. James83448 thread starter macrumors regular

James83448

It's only like that for short term. Try doing that over a day, it won't work.

Been on a 3 week road trip recently and I was forever pressing the "on" button on HDR.