HDR photography Site Re-Vamp

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Batteman87, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Batteman87 macrumors member

Batteman87

We're in the process of re-vamping our website where we do a majority of HDR (high dynamic range) images. Was looking to get any feedback you could provide. We do commercial photos as well as teach the HDR method so you will see a little of both. The site is a work in progress so feel free to let me know what you do or don't like. Thanks in advance!

AikenHDR.com

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

First the good. I do like HDR when done tastefully. I feel many of your images are in fact tasteful. As someone who shot interiors for designers using film and a bunch of lights, I think HDR for interiors, providing it doesn't change the overall color scheme and feel, is a fantastic alternative. I come from a line of analog work and teaching and still feel I appreciate the digital age.

Overall, the site navigates very well. I am not really confused about where to go and what to do. I think the tagline about HDR photography made easy isn't fitting for what you do. Unless I am mistaken, you would like to photograph various subjects and that is how I think you make your money. If that is right, why try to make HDR easy? Now, if you want to use that tag line in the area of the site where you share your technique, then that makes sense. Maybe I am reading too much into things.

A couple of things I noticed; the font color is difficult to see against the white background in "HDR Photography Made Easy." At least to me. Also, there is that image on the bottom with the moon. I get the whole SC crescent and such, but the image is very 1995 bevel/emboss/drop shadow. It doesn't flow with the rest of the design, which I see as minimalistic. Also, I would be sure you do not use too many fonts on the site. Choose one, two maybe and stick with it.

Again, I think I'm a fan of the design but more so, a fan of your work.

Side note: I want to stay in that hotel overlooking the golf course, if it is a hotel.

3. Batteman87 thread starter macrumors member

Batteman87

Thank you kindly for your response and pointers. All excellent. Will see what I can do to modify and correct. Just recently jumped ship from Wordpress so I'm in the midst of totally re-doing the site. Thanks again!