HDR-UX1 video grainy on HD TV

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by 2Cheap2Switch, Jun 16, 2007.

1. 2Cheap2Switch macrumors member

I recently tried viewing some video from my Sony HDR-UX1 HD camcorder on my new Panasonic HD TV. I connected the camera through component cables, but when I began watching the video, it appeared grainy. Any suggestions to improve how the video looks on the tv? The tv model is the Panasonic TH-37PX60U btw.

2. banjomamo macrumors regular

was it low lit footage? have you captured it to your computer yet or did you just go direct to the tv? does that model capture to DVD instead of tape? if so youre shooting a compressed image which cold also cause the grain. im not very familiar with your camera so id need more info. if you posted a captured still i could tell you more accurately whats going on.

3. 2Cheap2Switch thread starter macrumors member

It's going straight to the TV through component cables. It's got a decent amount of light, and it is recording to a minidvd. My friend also had the same grainy video when he plugged in his camera which is the hard drive version of the camera.

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Is the footage shot indoors or outdoors?

In almost any indoor situation, you'll probably encounter visual noise. This is because in order to make it "bright" enough to see, the camera increases the decibel level (gain) of the video signal. It's analogous to turning up the volume on a speaker and hearing more of a hiss.