HDR3 is great! Best HDR photo app available

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ToddH, Nov 18, 2012.

1. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I have been enjoying this photo app ever since I bought it. It takes three photos, not two like other apps (pro HDR & True HDR) and seamlessly blends them. I would never be able to get shots like this without it.

Sunset In Marble Falls, Tx:

Attached Files:

2. big.mama macrumors member

3. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

not trying to be rude, but how much better are photos from third-party HDR apps compared to HDR pics from iOS?

4. Ungibbed macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

Stock HDR from my iPhone 4S attached.

The lighting at the top of the OP's image has an odd "hot zone" from the sunlight.

Attached Files:

5. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the recommendation! I've been searching for new HDR apps lately, as all of the current offerings leave me wanting more (I've tried them ALL), and this one is definitely the best I've tried!

I wish they advertised more, I frequent lifeinlowfi.com and iphoneography.com, yet never hard of it!

6. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

I would very much like to try this and include it in my head-to-head comparisons of HDR apps, but it has been built to require iOS 6.

I’m staying with iOS 5 for a huge number of reasons, so unless and until HDR3 gets recompiled for an iOS 5 target, I won’t be able to use it.

7. slyv macrumors newbie

Here is new HDR app for iPhone/iPad from author of ArtStudio:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hdr/id600529720?mt=8

It is real (not fake) HDR camera, it takes 2 photos then aligns and merges them. Our goal was to create the fastest HDR app which will give the best HDR effect. App is simple and intuitive, without useless options, it just works.

price: $1.99
    devices: iphone 3gs+, ipad 2+, iPod touch 4+
    ios: 5.0+

Sylwester Los, Lucky Clan