hdtv for software programming

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by signupTaggy, Jul 8, 2009.

1. signupTaggy macrumors newbie

I recently bought a mac mini and hooked it to my 46 inch samsung HDTV(1080p). I wanted to do some iphone app development and text size is to small to read. I got a USB keyboard and mouse, so I have to sit close. It is too painful to sit close and also very difficult to read.
    My friend got a 32 inch samsung hdtv 720P and said I can use it.
    I can hook up my mini to that 32 inch hdtv and use USB keyboard and mouse. Iam gonna keep it on a desk and have to sit close to it. Is this OK for eyes or just go buy a 20inch monitor instead. Please advice.

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Just buy a 30" monitor, not a TV. You can also hold control and scroll up to zoom in on text onscreen.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Compared to a monitor, the TV will probably also produce a lot more heat... I would just get a monitor. 20" will already give you more resolution in less space (assuming that your comment about text size is because you were trying to use the TV from the sofa and not because of any visual impairment), and you'll enjoy it more.

4. signupTaggy thread starter macrumors newbie

I will be spending more time on programming, So I guess zooming wont work here. I Will buy a cheap monitor instead. Thanks

5. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo