HDTV is all blue now!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by silbeej, Jun 19, 2007.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

All of a sudden, my HDTV which i have hooked up to my media pc has a blue tint to it. One day it was fine, the next, i turned it on to watch a tv show, and it's all blue. Tried everything, new cable, new dvi to vga converter, even hooked up the trusty MBP, and still it has a tint. Now i can adjust the blue gamma on my video card, but it doesn't go low enough to get rid of all of it. HELP ME PLEASE

2. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Also, jsut tried the Xbox over vga, and it is blue as well. WTF? this is going to drive me crazy

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Is it a plasma? One of the big HD plasma's at my school broke and everything that was supposed to be black was kind of red. I think they wound up having to send it back.

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Go in to your settings and make sure your color temperature/saturation/etc is all set up correctly.

5. skythefly13 macrumors 6502

Wellll

One thing that happened to me when I was setting up a mac mini for my little brother was that I didnt plug the DVI to VGA adapter in ALL the way when hooking it up. This led me to messing with settings and what-not for almost 15 minutes until I realized the adapter wasnt plugged all the way in! Maybe you're VGA input is out of place or something? I bet if you plugged in your xbox with RCA cables it would be just fine. It is definitely something with the input for VGA though.

6. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know it is the vga connection, i'm just wondering if it could be a loose pin or something that a quite knowledgable person could fix. every other connection works fine, but i would prefer to not look at my screen all blue.