hdv and metadata

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by spatry, Feb 3, 2009.

1. spatry macrumors newbie

spatry

Hi everyone,

I own a Canon HV30 camcorder and I transfer my clips using DVHSCap that comes with the Firewire SDK. It copies over firewire the m2t stream back to my pc.

When I use HDVSplit, a windows program, it scans my m2t files and splits them up by scenes using time codes. I also tried a program called hdvinfo, it shows more metadata but it is not always accurate.

My question is how can I see all the metadata from my .m2t clips? What do you guys use? Final Cut Studio Pro 2 doesn't show you the time of capture, only splits...

Anyone knows how to parse an hdv/m2t file to retrieve the information? I've looked around and can't find any documentation regarding the internal structure etc.

Typical metadata information is:

- Time of capture
    - Shutter speed
    - Aperture
    - Electronic gain
    - Frame Rate

Thanks you so much!

P.s.: Anyone knows of any good cataloging program that would work with m2t files for mac?

2. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

3. tiresias macrumors newbie

I think catdv is DV only, isn't it?

DVMP Pro will show you all of this info for HDV m2t files. It is Windows only, but it is possible to run it on a Mac in VmWare Fusion if you choose a "windowed" renderer in the options. There's a demo version with some limitations.

http://www.dvmp.co.uk