HDV to Macbook pro

mavericks7913

Suspended
Original poster
May 17, 2014
Ummm idk why but I have Sony HVR-Z1U in my house which was very expansive one. I have 6 HDV cassettes so I shot some videos but the problem is that how to import videos from HDV to the computer? I know that HDV can be import to the computer but I have no idea what to do with Mac computer. I need to find the cable first to connect to my computer tho. Any idea?

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
You can use Firewire cable to connect the camera to your apple computer. You have to have software that can handle HD signal form the camera, such as Final cut pro or iMovie. After connecting the camera, in the software you select import or capture, whatever they call it. The tape will begin playing and the video gets captured by the app.

mavericks7913

Suspended
Original poster
May 17, 2014
You can use Firewire cable to connect the camera to your apple computer. You have to have software that can handle HD signal form the camera, such as Final cut pro or iMovie. After connecting the camera, in the software you select import or capture, whatever they call it. The tape will begin playing and the video gets captured by the app.
Thx!

BeechFlyer

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2015
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yup, FireWire goes straight from your Z1U into the Mac. I used to own a couple of those cameras, and while the transfer was slow (i.e. real-time), it is pretty straightforward.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.