HE Benefits available in Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sheza, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

Hi, just a quick question

Are all the HE Discount benefits (The discount, gift card and warranty) available in an Apple brick & mortar store or must I purchase it online?

Thanks

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

The discount and gift card offers are available in store, but the free extended warranty isn't.

You can still buy Applecare for the HE price in store though (e.g. at a massive discount) and its worth it IMO since Applecare covers the cost of sending your machine off for repair if you don't want to/have time to take it to an Apple store.

3. Sheza thread starter macrumors 68000

Sheza

How much is that and how long is that for (Is it for the 3 years of the HE warranty offered online?)

4. Brian Y macrumors 68040

If you buy online from the HE store, you'll get 3 years parts and labour warranty included free of charge. This isn't Applecare though - it covers carry-in service only, an you get 1 years of phone support.

If you buy from the retail store, you get 12 months warranty and 90 days phone support. You can buy Applecare at a reduced rate - the price depends on which machine you pick:

- MB Air/13" Pro: £48
    - 15" Pro: £60
    - iMac: £46

5. Sheza, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014

Sheza thread starter macrumors 68000

Sheza

That's okay, I'm going to UEA and there's an Apple store in town.

Tried the SP3 today and ultimately preferred the Mac Book.

I just ordered the MBP although I didn't have to prove at any time that I am a HE student?

6. Brian Y macrumors 68040

They generally don't ask for proof, sometimes if they're suspicious (like if you've ordered 5 laptops in a year or something) they'll ask for a scan of your ID card, but I've ordered a few bits and never been asked for verification.