HE discount Apple Store link needed please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shady Pioneer, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shady Pioneer macrumors member

Can someone post the link to the Apple Educational Store for the UK please? I found it the other day but I can't find it again now. I'm looking for the the HE site.

Regards

Kirk

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

All the types of stores are on the left, next time you go looking for it again, down the bottom of the pic.

Attached Files:

3. Shady Pioneer, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

Shady Pioneer thread starter macrumors member

4. iStudentUK, Mar 1, 2011

iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

You have to be on the university network or on a VPN to get access to the HE Store proper. When you are just click education on the left of the Apple store home page, then press Higher Education and select you uni.

Somebody posted this link- [Edit- link removed by me!], but remember that is Liverpool Uni, and you won't be on the network so don't be tempted to order from that! Illustrative of prices only!

Are you aware you get a 3 year warranty as standard online as an HE student? Without the need to spend the ~£45 on AppleCare? Hope you didn't waste money!

5. Shady Pioneer, Mar 1, 2011

I was not asked to prove I was a student and my MacBook Pro is in currently in Germany on it's way to me in the U of K. :p

6. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

7. Shady Pioneer, Mar 1, 2011

It's all been paid for and confirmed and MacBook Pro is on the way. I did this on my iPhone.

I didn't buy AppleCare because of the extra warranty (I read up on that).

8. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Be careful- Apple may notice a sudden increase in orders from Liverpool Uni and look into them. You have committed fraud and technically could face criminal prosecution (unlikely though).

Apple rarely ask for proof of student status when you order online, a percentage (not idea what percentage) get an email/phone call a few hours/days later asking for proof. It is kind of a check.

Not my place to judge though.

Everyone else- Like I said in my post above- use that link floating around for illustrative purposes only!

9. Shady Pioneer thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the warning, I'll keep an ear out but hopefully it should be okay. If worse comes to worse I'll just send it back and source it another way.

10. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

People should be more discrete with the off campus links as apple will soon close the door when idiots keep posting it on public forums!

Please use a little sense and edit your posts.

11. Shady Pioneer thread starter macrumors member

Done. ;)

12. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

Sorry, maybe idiot was a little strong:rolleyes:. Keep the back door open by using the link sparingly amongst you and friends/family. Apple are fully aware of this, and let it slide, but if it starts to get massively abused you bet your arse they will disable it.:rolleyes:

13. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I hope they do shut the door. That's why I removed the link from my post earlier when I realised you could order off it (I didn't think it would let you at first) not to hide it from Apple.

I'm ok with people bending the rules and getting a good deal, but like I said before this may well be fraud (serious criminal offence) and whilst I'm not here to judge I'm also not here to facilitate that.

14. Shady Pioneer thread starter macrumors member

No worries bud. You made a fair point so it's only right I changed it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.