HE Prices in Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gazfocus, Sep 13, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I just thought I would put a notice up to warn potential buyers trying to use their student cards to get HE discount in store.

I went today to buy OSX Leopard and they told me I could only receive 10% discount off the £85 whereas on the HE online store it's £58.

I specifically phoned the store before going, asking if I could get this for the HE price and was told 'yes that wouldn't be a problem'...got to the store, was told I could only get 10% off, asked the assistant nicely (a friend of mine) if she could check with a manager and the manager confirmed that 10% was the maximum.

The reason for this post is there has been alot of people from the UK lately asking if they can get the full HE discount in store - I fear not after todays experience.

Needless to say, I left the store without the software

2. Pieface macrumors newbie

Did you go to the store in Liverpool One? If so, try the store in Chester, as Im pretty sure they do the full discount, and a friend of mine got the HE Discount in the Trafford Centre completely, so try there?

3. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

If I recall correctly the in store discounts for HE only apply to hardware. Software has always only been available online with the large HE discount.

Then again I could be wrong :)

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

No - I think that you are correct. On-line = larger discount for software.

Does not make a lot of sense - but what does !

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

this HE discount thing has always been a bit confusing.......isn't there a student discount that can used at retail and online stores, and a separate HE discount that's only available thru the HE store???? Aren't the HE store prices/discounts something that had been negotiated directly between Apple and the HE store for students purchasing through the HE store and not at other locations?