Head phone prong question...monster beats..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by michael31986, Feb 27, 2011.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

i bought a pair of monster beat studio and it comes with a wire to use with your iphone. one side has the 2 prong jack and the other 3 prong jack. i put the side with the 3 prongs into the actual headphone instead of the phone like it was suppose to. They are the same size one just has 3 rings the other has 2. would this by any chance ruin the headphones i only did it once. not like it was a struggle to put it in our out. not sure if the 3 rings vs 2 mean anything.

2. kepner macrumors 6502

No, it won't damage anything, but the remote won't work unless the connector with the extra ring is plugged into your iPhone.

The extra ring allows your iPhone to use the remote and mic built into the wire. The tip and first ring are for left and right audio channels, respectively.

Love the Beats Studios. Awesome headphones.

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

yea thats what happened because i plugged it in the wrong place the button didn't work on the ipod. are u sure it doesn't damage the head phones since it has a 3rd ring? cause isn't the 3rd ring bulgy so idk lol. im so paranoid which beats do u have?

4. kepner macrumors 6502

Yes. The connectors are the same size and length. I plug the extra-ringed connector into devices that don't support the extra ring all the time. If you're still getting left and right audio, and the remote works when plugged into a device that supports it, you didn't damage anything.

The White Beats Studios. I tried the Solos and didn't like them. (They sounded OK, but hurt my ears after wearing them for a while.) The Studios are perfect though.

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

i got the white studio too! thanks i was really paranoid thinking i ruined it. yea both sides still give sound, but idk maybe it could have scratched something. idk what the inside of the jack looks like lol

6. com macrumors newbie

i love the monster beats studio by dr dre i hae purchased my for 179 only on http://www.allgoods.us/

absolutly love them