Head scratcher! Website won't load from 6 but does from 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ihonda, Jun 12, 2015.

1. ihonda macrumors 68000

Have you ever run into an issue where you can't access a certain website from your device but can access from another device?

I can't open slickdeals.net on my 6 for the life of me. Reset everything network wise on the phone, reset safari... But my 6 plus loads it just fine. Really scratching my head

2. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

That's odd. It loads on my 5s.

3. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Loaded fine on my 6

4. imlynxy macrumors 65816

You can try go settings-> safary and there:
    1. Passwords &Autofill->Saved Passwords remove slickdeals.net
    2. advanced-> website data remove slickdeals.net ( plenty of sites there) you can remove all, but you loose your settings.
    3. if it doesn't help Clear History and website data.

Just tried slickdeals.net works on my iphone 6(not plus).

I had a problem woth loading full size web page a while ago.

It is very high probability you have some discrepancy in your coockies or web history. Also try cell internet and wifi.
    Also I had a problem once that this annoying contest ad gave me an error woth some other site. You can opt out here http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ , but before ypu go ther you should change safari Block Coockie to allow always, ran the website and change it back. I hate contest ad, try to opt out as much as I could.

BTW: slickdeals a very good site.

5. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

Oh the issue was I got ban from the site; they say for self promotion. I told them all to piss off. There was no self promotion going on. As a product reviewer companies sent emails of deals that can be posted, they claim I benefited from posting the deals by getting free products, apparently they don't comprehend what a product reviewr does :|

6. imlynxy macrumors 65816

How they ban you? IP, cookies? Change your ip and username if they don't unblock you.

I think they should let you know that they blocked you, so you don't need to waste your time .... and mine answering you :) Now slickdeals owe me some money, they wasted my time also.:)