iPhone Headache iPhone 5 Boot logo loop IOS 7.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Chinn93, May 24, 2014.

1. Chinn93, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014

Chinn93 macrumors newbie

Im sorry if this is in the wrong forum! But i have this iPhone 5 that was on 7.0.6 that i bought and i tried to jailbreak it and it worked for a while then phone went to endless logo loop the phones power button and volume up button don't work but i have put the iPhone in recovery mode and restored to IOS 7.1.1 and it goes though and works fine but then it restarts and goes back to rebooting so i put the phone in DFU mode and restored it and still doesn't work this is day 2 of head scratching!

2. Chinn93 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. dhlizard, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sounds like you have a hardware issue if you cannot restore it to current firmware.

Edit: Since threadstarter seems to doubt our suggestions, I will rephrase this. "Since the phone fails to boot correctly after a restore to current firmware, I believe the phone has a hardware failure".

4. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I suggest you take it into an Apple Store, it sounds like a hardware issue.

5. Chinn93 thread starter macrumors newbie

No the phone will restore with no problem at all go though the process with no errors.?

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

you said it goes through the restoring process just fine but afterwards, it's stuck in a boot loop, right?

if yes, then it's most likely a hardware problem. A software problem should be fixed with a clean DFU restore

7. Chinn93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured it out if i plug it into the wall it turns on this thing has problems