Headaches watching Macbook Pro 13" in bed.. suggestions?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djrobsd, Jan 4, 2010.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

I'm getting eyestrain headaches in my right eye while watching my Macbook Pro 13 inch in bed. I just bought the computer a few weeks ago, and I have a couple of theories. I've watched movies in bed on my HP Elitebook with the 14 inch screen, no problems, but it has a very dim, and matte display, the Macbook Pro has a VERY bright, LED backlit display.

So, I'm wondering...

Is it the bright LED backlit display?
    Is it because it's glossy and not matte?
    Is it the 13 inch size? Should I return the 13 and get the 15?

Or???

I've tried moving the laptop further away from my eyes to no avail. I turned the brightness down and that didn't help too much...

Maybe I should turn some lights on in the room and not watch it in the dark?

FWIW, my vision is 20/20 in the left, and 20/30 in the right, so maybe there is something else going on with my vision, but I got my eyes checked last week and he said I am still on the "cusp" of needing glasses. ;)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It's always good to have some background lighting.

3. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The awesome and very color accurate screen takes some time to get used to. Especially if you transitioned from a dimmer, CCFL-backlit screen to a brighter LED-backlit screen. You don't need apps that turn down the brightness, by default you can turn down the brightness to a very dim level.