Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
It came with iLife 09 but I am getting iLife 11 for like $7 so that's no biggie. :cool:

Sorry... I sent a pm asking that as well....

How are you getting life 11 for $7 ?

I really think i may go this route as well... And if they sell a good ssd I may pick that up as well.... I only want a 64gig drive.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
Well thank you guy extra much...

I just left my local mico center and upon opening my new Mac pro 13" I have an iLife 11' disk !!

Well that made my night and at $999.99 it's just sweet!

Mrs HBF

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Don't purchase it directly from an Apple store. Get it at Amazon with free shipping and no state sales tax.
If you live in a state like New York, you are incorrect. There is no advantage to buying on Amazon in New York State because sales tax IS collected.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
There is no advantage to buying on Amazon in New York State because sales tax IS collected.
Glad I don't live in New York. But I imagine eventually all online purchases will end up having to pay sales tax. That will be a sad day for online commerce.

Mrs HBF

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Glad I don't live in New York. But I imagine eventually all online purchases will end up having to pay sales tax. That will be a sad day for online commerce.
I love it here. :D If I buy a high-ticket item, I have it shipped to family in NJ and then pick it up the next time I see them.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I know they did it for my co-worker when he wanted to buy his MBP couple months ago at Apple Store in Chicago on Michigan Ave.

Is there a benefit to pricematching at an Apple store other than if an Apple store is much closer to you or in a location with sufficiently lower sales tax?

When I pull the trigger, I'm leaning toward Microcenter which is closer than either Apple store and also sales tax percentage is lowest at Microcenter (6%) vs. the two Apple stores within a reasonable drive (7% & 8%).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.