Heading To The Apple Store Today About Proximity Sensor Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Statusnone88, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Nearest Apple store is an hour and 30 minutes from me so seeing as how I'm going up there anyway today, I made an appointment with a genius.

My big beef with the phone is the proximity sensor and if I'm in a call longer than 5 minutes, I can pretty much rock the phone off my ear ever so slightly and the screen comes on. My only fear is that once I get it there, the genius won't be able to replicate my problem and tell me it's fine.

Basically I'm asking for advice/tips on what to say to this guy (I've never been to an Apple Store and I haven't heard how nice the people are in the Florida Mall) so I don't overreact to whatever this guy is going to say to me.

I'm also curious to know if anyone else has had Apple replace the phone for this specific issue because I seem to be the only one out of my batch of friends that is having this problem. Even when I use their phones, I cant seem to find an issue.

Again, any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

2. Statusnone88 thread starter macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

3. nfl46 macrumors 604

There's no point of asking for a new one because it's a HUGE problem for everyone. Apple will probably fix this in the new update. It's s huge topic on the Apple forums about this. Just wait for the update like the rest of us. We're suffering from this problem.

4. Statusnone88 thread starter macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I keep hoping to be one of the lucky ones who got it replaced with no problems.

5. nevesis macrumors 6502