Headphone Adapters

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by escapedreams, Aug 17, 2008.

1. escapedreams macrumors newbie

Which headphone adapter do you use for your MacBook Air? I've seen several iPhone adapters out there, but I haven't come across any that specifically say for MBA. The headphones I use (V-Moda Vibe Duo and Bose QC2) are built for iPhone, but still don't fit past that stupid lip on the headphone door.

Any help on adapters (or headphones you use) that fit the MacBook Air would be appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

3. Sound Evolution macrumors 6502

Dear,

You don't need an adapter. At first I thought the same, and I didn't use the headphone output for months! Till one day I just try it out and plug my headphones in. Even though it feels like the jack plug sticks out it locked wel. The fact is, you don't need to plug the jack in completely and it seems the headphone jack output is designed the way that the plug can stick out a little bit. Try it and you will see it just works ;)

With kind regards,
    Bas

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I agree ^^^ b/c I plugged in my Bose In-Ear headset and it worked fine. I was skeptical that it was plugged in all the way, but they worked like a charm. :cool:

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Are you sure you're still getting stereo? Many headphones are designed so that if only the lower portion is connected (right audio channel), it will use that sound for both left and right.

6. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

The main problem is that the MBA would be a bit elevated if you plug-in (most) headphones directly. I couldn't find any adapters when I got my first MBA back in February till I visited RadioShack and got a tiny small adapter for around $8 which has its own volume controller also. It does not look sleek like the Monster ones but it gets the job done and even goes to that extra mile with the volume controller.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My Bose In-Ear Headphones are flush and do not elevate the MBA in any way. Additionally, they are stereo. I also plugged in my Bose Speakers and they are booming as well. :cool: