Headphone adaptor for the iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simon1966, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Simon1966 macrumors regular

I have just bought an iPhone but don't like the supplied headphone. Can someone tell me what type of adapter i need to buy to use ordinary in-ear headphones?
    When i push the plug into the iPhone it won't fit as the adapter is too large for the hole.

Many thanks

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Belkin makes an adapter that is sold in the Apple Store. There's also another, smaller one made by Smartphone Experts. Many times you can also take a small knife or scissors and clip/cut off the extra plastic on the end of the headphone plug to make it fit. :)

4. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

5. danny_w macrumors 601

6. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

7. sJv macrumors regular

8. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

This is your best bet end of story. I bought one of these and it looks like it was a pack-in designed by Apple. The picture is supersized so it actually looks smaller than it looks. The Griffin and Belkin ones looks ugly compared to this. I guess I feel pretty strongly for this being the headphone adapter Apple should have in their stores and not the other two brands previously mentioned.

http://item.express.ebay.com/Brand-...200154917371QQihZ010QQtrZexpQQcmdZExpressItem

9. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

10. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

If you have headphones that aren't real expensive you can take a sharp knife and remove some of the plastic on the end where the headphone plug is. All this does is make the 1/8" plug on your headphones a little slimmer and longer which allows it to plug directly into the iPhone without an adapter. This is what I did for all my Apple headphones and cheaper headphones.

I only use an adapter for my Sennheisers (noise canceling over the ear headphones).