Headphone advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by boss.king, Aug 10, 2010.

1. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone here could help me choose a new pair of headphones, as it is hard to test them out before buying where I live. Let me set out my requirements:

-Bass (lots of it, comparable to Skullcrushers or Beats)
    -Stylish design (I'm aware that this is subject to personal taste, I just don't want to look like a cyborg)
    -Overear/full size
    -Comfortable
    -1.3-1.5m cable
    -Cheaper than Beats (people are always saying you can get better for less money, let's hear it)
    ***Bonus points if it comes from this list:
    http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentlist.asp?parttypeid=0&t=20

Let me also put it out there that I don't have the smallest head in the world :p

I look forward to your advice.

2. JimmyFoster macrumors newbie

Hello, I dont think so Iphone will give bass on headphones. I know because I am using Iphone. Its basically made for vocal.

3. boss.king thread starter macrumors 68040

boss.king

Completely untrue. Do you actually own one? My Skullcrushers and my Titans are bassy, and so were the Beats when I tested them. I would get the Beats but I simply cannot justify paying that much for headphones.

4. k1ite macrumors newbie

k1ite

I have always been rocking my Grado sr 60i's for the past couple of years and it's been amazing. Anyone that loves music must listen to their collection with a pair to fulfill their music needs.

5. boss.king thread starter macrumors 68040

boss.king

From the reviews I've read they're neither bassy nor that comfortable. I get that you like them but please read my list before replying. I'm looking for Beats bass and comfort on a smaller budget.

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I'm sorry, but you are horribly uninformed. The iPhone 4 offers an incredible flat EQ. If someone buys headphones for bass, they're gonna get lots of it. It's basically made for anything you wanna listen to.

7. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

I'd check out anything from V-MODA.

Their headphones offer a large amount of bass.

8. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Sony MDR-V6. Cheap, excellent sound, durable as anything on the market, and have the understated look of a professional dj.