Headphone background noise? MBP 13" Mid 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cryosim, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Cryosim macrumors newbie

Cryosim

Hey there,
    When I popped over to Singapore on my way back to Australia I bought myself a new pair of Valore HS0003 gaming headphones. However, once I plugged them into my MacBook via USB... I started hearing this almost earsplitting background pinging noise whenever a sound was played. E.G I would turn the volume up, the "volume turned up" sound would play, and the sound would come at me full force and then persist for a few seconds even AFTER the sound had finished playing. The volume did not vary even when I turned the volume to full in my Mac's settings, this leads me to believe it's a hardware issue although it works fine on my windows PC (see below), so it could be a driver issue? It's hard to describe what it sounds like; just imaging a sort of pinging, constant electronic beep. Keep in mind this was 1-2 hours after I bought it and I had just taken it out of its packaging. I use a three-prong grounded connector for my Mac, disconnecting the Lightning connector while playing sound did nothing to change it. I plugged it into a spare Windows laptop, and to my surprise the sound was still there, but barely audible. Any fixes for this?

Thanks,
    CitadelCore/Cryosim

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Have you tried other earphones or headphones?? If so and they are fine I don't know what you want us to say if they aren't compatable then all you can do is contact Valore.

3. Cryosim thread starter macrumors newbie

Cryosim

I've tried them and they work perfectly... Valore has no contact page or phone number...

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

5. Cryosim thread starter macrumors newbie

Cryosim

Yeah... I'm in Australia now. Valore dosen't operate in Australia. And I'm pretty sure the headphones aren't defective, I'm missing a driver or have incorrect settings on my Mac or something. Because as I said it works fine using my Windows laptop.

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

7. Cryosim thread starter macrumors newbie

Cryosim