headphone brand question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by richard.mac, Jan 10, 2008.

1. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

2. amik macrumors regular

3. richard.mac thread starter macrumors 603

richard.mac

damn those are expensive. i guess thats why they where put by macbook pros on a logic pro lab bench!

so theyre not very good are they? i was actually look for a pair of noise cancellers. can anyone suggest a pair of nice noise cancelling headphones of non-mediocre sound quality for DJing? preferably a bit cheaper than the bose.

4. amik macrumors regular

I'd look at beyerdynamic DT770m or DT770 pro, and the akg k271, or k181 dj.

If you are really serious about accurate monitoring in noisy environments, Ultimate Ears makes custom fit IEMs for musicians. They are listed under the UE pro line. UE 5 pro is the entry level to that line. They aslo have the UE super.fi pro that is from a lower line starting at an MSRP of $249. These solutions are overkill for average club DJing though.

Good luck finding some decent cans!

5. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

i would head over to the headfi forums and do some reading over there. Those guys know a lot about headphones and the like.

If you want a true noise canceling experience i would look at a pair of in-ear-monitors (or canal phones as some people call them). They are basically an ear plug with a sound driver attached. I use IEM exclusively now because they isolate sound very nicely.