Headphone extension wire with remote and mic?

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I now I asked a question like this before a few months ago, but I didn't receive any answers. What I am looking for is a headphone extender wire with the clicker and mic (a la iPhone headphones). Does such a product exist?

lollicup

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
I now I asked a question like this before a few months ago, but I didn't receive any answers. What I am looking for is a headphone extender wire with the clicker and mic (a la iPhone headphones). Does such a product exist?
yup check ebay

scottylans

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2008
Why doesn't the plain old cable exist? 3.5mm post with 4 'divisions' (left / right / ground / mic) and then female hole at the other end with the same 4 divisions? I can't find it for the life of me, jeeez.

Pswag115

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
I'll second that. If anyone knows of a source of an extension with the proper contacts please post! Thanks

rick.marshall

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2009
TRRS Headset on Amazon

Hi All,

I've been looking for an extender for the iPhone headphones forever. Finally discovered the correct nomenclature: to extend a 3.5mm audio WITH microphone capability, you need a "TRRS" M-to-F cable.

I found several online, including this one on Amazon. It's on order, will post back with details of how it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DWGLLO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Application is extending my white iPhone headset to my MacBook Air to do Skype calls with more cable length at my home office desk. (MBA sits at the far corner of the desk, connected up to a large monitor, keyboard, etc. Have been annoyed with moving it closer every time I need to do a Skype call for months...)

-R

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.