Headphone for iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by michealjohn, Mar 9, 2010.

1. michealjohn macrumors member

I have bought my iPhone 3GS 32 GB. The headphones come with the box is not that much good.
    Any suggestion for good headphone for iPhone 3GS for hearing some good music.?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

3. michealjohn thread starter macrumors member

$50-$100 SGD. I don't want a superior higher brands. For listening music, some good affordable headphones. the headphones come with the box is not that good and everyone around us can able to hear it.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I have Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220vi. They just make your budget.

I really like them and they sound great for the price.

I'm sure there will be plenty of other recommendations from others as well.......

EDIT: Wait, SGD? I went with USD.....

5. michealjohn thread starter macrumors member

forget to mention..need the remote control for Iphone compatiable like going to next/preivous track/album, increasing/decreasing the volume and attend call and disconnect

6. Surely Guest

Surely

7. gt40x4 macrumors member

gt40x4

skull candy full metal jackets and anything form bose is good!

8. michealjohn thread starter macrumors member

Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220vi. They just make your budget.

I have gone to purchase the above headphone and the shopkeeper is telling this headphone won't have remote control and only have mic.
    PLease help and suggest some model which should have remote control, which can able to skip to next.previous track, reduce the voulme and to attend the call.

9. michealjohn thread starter macrumors member

10. Surely Guest

Surely

That shopkeeper was wrong.

I own them and use them everyday.

From the link I posted:

A screenshot of the remote control button:

Attached Files:

11. troy14 macrumors 6502a

100 SGD ~= 72$... don't have any insight on headhpones because I think the factory ones are awesome.. but maybe someone can chime in with 75$.

12. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Just barely within your budget, but they have the remote + volume control and are excellent quality. Klipsch Image s4i

13. candyman macrumors regular

I concur here.

Found mine on eBay for $75 (open box) and they have been excellent for the price.

14. michealjohn thread starter macrumors member

Whether the Ultimate Ears 220VI has a volume control?
    Basically, I need the following functions:

1. Voulme up and down
    2. Change the tracks (next/previous) - Play/Pause
    3. Need to attend the incoming calls (mic/microphone)
    4. Voice commands suuport through mic
    4. Disconnect the call
    5. Earplug/in ear format (Noise isloating/cancellation)

I have recently gone to the apple products store and I found the In-ear Headphone with Remote and Mic (MA850G/A). Any one has used it? any feedback on it? it's about 128 SGD (Singapore Dollars). Worth buying it?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA850G/A

15. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

The Apple In-Ear Headphones you referenced are amazing, I highly recommend them :)

16. michealjohn thread starter macrumors member

Sony MDREX38IP In-Ear Headphones with In-Line iPod Remote Control-supports iPhone 3gs

I thought of going for Apple in-ear and after seeing the review and most of them have commented negatively with many faults.

So, Finally I have bought Sony MDREX38IP In-Ear Headphones with In-Line iPod Remote Control which supports iPhone 3GS (even though it's not mentioned and thanks to one of the user's review who has taken the risk in buyinh it and tested it out).

It supports the following for iPhone 3GS:
    1. Volume up and down
    2. Play/pause the music
    3. Change to next/previous tracks
    4. Mic/microphone - VoiceCommand
    5. attend and disconnect the call

It comes with one pouch for keeping the headset, three different sized earbuds and to adjust the wire length and folding it to the separate stick provided(liked it very much), instead of wrap around with some wire. and it's worth buying..it's $79 SGD

Music is good in it as I previously used with my Sony W910i walkman series.
    Bass, treble and audio sep. in right and left speaker...it's good compare to the default iPhone headset which is noisy and with more of treble and highly irriating for me.

One thing I don't like in iPhone is not able to cutomise even the small things..
    like I want to cutomise the equalizer to my own setting, but I could able to do and need to search for it.. and like not able to change the SMS ringtone..don't have what they are going to achieve in it? Everyone has iPhone and all of them using the default/good one which is inbuilt and we need to check whenever any msg is coming, whether it's from us or from others...anyway bought the phone and has to live with it..

thanks for the help.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDREX3...78JA2/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t/276-7291316-3002214

17. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Agreed they are great until they break. I'm on my 2nd pair within 8 months and have to replace those now as well.