Headphone Help!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ghall, Apr 9, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Okay, I'm looking for some decent headphones for under $30, but preferably less than $20. What are the best earbud headphones in that price range? Also, they should be somewhat durable, because I don't want to keep replacing my headphones every 2-3 months. And if possible, they should come in white.:D

2. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I recently bought some Sennheiser MX50's (white), they were £15, so probably about $25 to you. They're pretty good, I don't know about the specifications and what not, but as far as sound quality goes, I'm liking them.

3. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Do you have as link? I can't seem to find them.

4. MacAnkka macrumors regular

5. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Yeah, probably not great for my morning commute to school. :D

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Not headphones or earphones, but clip-ons. Koss KSC-75, comes in at about $20. Lifetime warranty, which is apparently well honoured. However it should seriously offend the average Mac user's design sensibilities. Still, you can't expect that much for $30.

7. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I would not be caught dead with those on. :rolleyes:

Actually, for more practical reasons, I perfer earbuds (and they just happen to look really good on me too :D ).

Are these any good? http://www.amazon.com/Insten-Headse...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1176146815&sr=1-2

8. MacAnkka macrumors regular

I haven't tried (or even heard about) those, but my guess would be no, they are not good. There really are very few good earbuds and a LOT of very, very bad ones.

I believe the buds the first replier meant were the MX500-buds. They are quite good, probably the best for your needs and budget.

There really aren't many (if any) really good buds. The first ones that are actually good compared to in-ear-monitors or full-sized cans are the Yuin PK2, from what I've heard, but they cost somehting like $70.

9. Helianthus macrumors member

I second these as well. I have the sennheiser version and they sound fantastic for a fairly low priced canalphone.

10. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I really appreciate the input.

11. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

I'm going to throw in another suggestion. I went through the same search as you trying to find a cheap, but reliable set of ear buds. The ones that came with my iPod were not loud enough for me to even hear my music over the bus' engine on the way to school. Plus the sound was not very clear and they didn't form a good seal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008VF63/102-8133853-2243338

Take a look at these, $10, awesome bass for a cheap earbud, clear sound, loud. I've had them for about 8 months now and they're still going strong. Best $10 I've spent on iPod accessories yet lol. :D

12. Planet Telex macrumors member

i second these

They are ugly, but by far the best headphones below $50.

13. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Probably. There are some I like more for different reasons. But of course I had to include that disclaimer as there are many people on this forum who make their choices in all things electronic by considering looks above pretty much everything else :p

*Runs away before thrown rotten eggs / tomatoes / CRT iMacs find a mark*

14. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

Wouldn't recommend these, I've had a pair for 4 month, while they're great in the house they aren't good while you're out. I can't here traffic or anything with them in.